IT Support Specialist
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting and improving the end user experience as it relates to the firm’s technology systems, following policies and direction from the Systems Manager and as presented in the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Provides accurate, timely and creative solutions to end-users across all offices and remote.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and document solutions for issues and requests escalated from the service desk or received directly from end users.
- Provide regular communication on open issues, document details and including all actions taken to final resolution.
- Work with members across IT or outside parties to escalate or collaborate where needed.
- Contribute to and maintain the team’s technical articles for identified issues, resolutions and work arounds.
- Handle user onboarding, changes and exits, including accounts and permissions (network, email, phone, assigned hardware, etc.).
- Manage and support the firm’s communication and telecom system; RingCentral.
- Provide expert level support and management of the firm’s desktop systems and core applications, including but not limited to Windows 10, O365, iManage Work 10, Litera
Desktop (Forte, Change-Pro, DocXtools), Power PDF and other legal applications.
- Own the delivery and setup of desktop systems to users including imaging, configuration, testing and QC.
- Participate in projects; rollouts and updates, provide testing, input on the design,
configuration and deployment of items related to the desktop, including but not limited toOS, hardware, and standard/non-standard applications.
- Monitor the health of end-user systems, respond to alerts, ensure machines are connected and all necessary policies are applied.
- Keep up with security trends affecting end-users, recognize and address malicious attempts via email, attachments, phone calls and websites.
- Ensure compliance of all security updates (patches, monthly updates, anti-virus) reporting of success/failures, and remedy of failures.
- Assist with the distribution of software application installs and updates, reporting of success/failures, and resolution of failures.
- Work with vendors, service providers, or consultants as needed to troubleshoot issues, request solutions or coordinate warranty/repairs.
- Manage equipment inventory, track allocation/assignments, document retired equipment.
- Provide suggestions and input for improving new and existing systems.
- Act as escalation point to AV Team and resolve technical issues related conferencing equipment, and/or communication platforms.
- Participate in projects as assigned, managing time and communicating with team to ensure deadlines and requirements are met.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule that involves after hours and weekend support.
- Highly customer focused; proactive in seeking solutions and taking initiative.
- High attention to detail with solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, while actively collaborating and working as part of a distributed team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively and meet assigned deadlines and milestones.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent work ethic, committed to delivering high quality work and ensuring a consistent, high level of service and performance.
- Ability to be flexible and keep cool in high-pressure situations.
- Curious about new technologies and able to learn new software quickly.
- Strong documentation and procedural skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Committed to self-growth and continually improving skills.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years in a technical role with prior Law firm experience (preferred).
- Expert knowledge of application and hardware troubleshooting and configuration for laptops, desktops, mobile devices and peripherals.
- Thorough knowledge of the firm’s desktop applications required; Windows 10 OS, O365, document management systems; iManage Work 10 strongly preferred, document lifecycle applications; Forte, DocXtools, Change-Pro. Document assembly; Power PDF or Adobe Acrobat.
- Understanding of security components such as Carbon Black, Endpoint Protection, Defender, and Duo 2-factor authentication.
- Knowledge and ability to support remote solutions such as Microsoft VPN and Citrix.
- Experience with telecom/communication platforms such as RingCentral, Zoom and MS Teams.
- Working knowledge of group policies, AD/Azure AD, O365 administration, Intune.
- Knowledge of application customization and integration is a major plus.
- Exp w/Configuration manager (SCCM) is a major plus.
- Basic understanding of ITIL/ITSM methodologies.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age and physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.